Tesco Mobile and Hullomail

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tyr2, Jun 30, 2010.

1. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

I switched from o2 to Tesco mobile when the new iPhone 4 was released. Has anyone managed to get Tesco mobile working with Hullomail? It's not listed in the list of networks on the control panel and 'service activation code' (which sets up the call forward) that I used with o2 doesn't work.

How can I manually set up the call forward for unanswered calls?

Sorry if this is obvious, I searched and couldn't find anything.

2. HulloMail macrumors newbie

HulloMail and Tesco Mobile

Hi,

Unfortunately Tesco Mobile will not allow call forwarding on their network which is why HulloMail won't work. You're quite right that Tesco uses O2's network which our service works well with but for some reason this isn't available with Tesco.

The best thing I can suggest is that you take this up with Tesco Mobile directly to see if they will change their policy. I'm sure if a number of you mentioned it, it would prompt a conversation within Tesco Mobile.

We think it would be great for you to use HulloMail on Tesco Mobile handsets.

3. tyr2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tyr2

Thanks for the info. That's a pain, I just assumed that they would support it for contract customers. I was looking forward to make good use of this service whilst I'm on holiday...

I'll give them a call and update back with what they say, if anything.

4. HulloMail macrumors newbie

Tesco Mobile and HulloMail

Hullo,

Yep you're right. Unfortunately Tesco Mobile does not support diverts to HulloMail so the service won't work, which is the reason you can't find it in any of the lists.
    It's a bit strange seeing as Tesco Mobile use the O2 network and the service works great on there.
    We did come across this facebook group the other day which looks like it's just started but why not show your support and join. Who knows you might be able to change things!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=136042229748235&ref=ts

Regards
    HulloMail