Tesco Mobile - iPhone 4 Questions.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rookie1986, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

Hey Guys,

Like most people I am after an iPhone 4 as my upgrade, today I was in town as its my upgrade day. I visited T-Mobile which my contract is currently with and they informed me that they would be getting the iPhone towards the end of the month but there are better phones available and I would be best to consider one of those instead and that they would also be cheaper with a better tariff available. After putting my foot down and saying "look I don't want another phone, I want an iPhone 4" the sales assistant informed me that to upgrade to an iPhone package when they get it will come at the cost of losing my Friends and Family half price line rental. Now I don't know how anyone else would feel about this but after over 6 years of service from T-Mobile I feel like they don't really care about the customer and are just using the new iPhone 4 as a way to get existing customers off the half price Friends and Family and back on to paying a full contract.

My new dilemma is now what should I do, do I stick things out with T-Mobile who obviously couldn't care less about maintaining their current customer base or do I jump ship so to speak and look else where because without my Friends and Family discount it puts everyone on the same playing field. I've seen some good prices on Tesco Mobile but they use the O2 network as far as I'm aware which sucks ass!!

What would you guys do??

/Rookie

2. spiritlevel macrumors 6502

I'm with Tesco and before that directly with 02 - While not having the best coverage there is (that would be 3) I've found 02 to be fine, and I believe it has better coverage than t-mobile so I doubt you'd see any problems - all depends on where you live though and the coverage in that particular area - I'm in London and never have any problems with 02.

3. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

I live in a rural north east village, reception with T-Mobile is full 3.5G where I live and work most of the time which is one of the "Selling" points of T-Mobile in my area. My G/F is on O2 and she receives "reasonable" coverage some of the time, and good coverage when in a town or city.

[​IMG]

This map shows the masts in my village. So I would be guessing the Tesco Mobile are also going to be on the O2/3 mast?? By having so many networks operating on the one mast will this cause problems?? Also I don't get HSDPA from O2 in my area, is this going to be much of a problem??

4. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone on Tesco Mobile in Co.Durham who can comment on what their signal and 3G coverage is like???

5. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

I live in Newcastle and am on Tesco Mobile (and I want to get the iphone 4 on tesco mobile PAYG so that I can get the triple credit top ups and the 5p texts and 10p a min calls to my top 5 numbers like i currently do, not to mention the 1gb of data a month)

The signal here is crap but i think its to do with the phone I am currently using until i can get the iphone 4, my sisters 3G iphone doesnt have any signal issues and thats on tesco.

6. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

Some of the deals on Tesco do have me tempted..... but part of me just knows as soon as I sign up for them T-Mobile will bring out some decent price plans and I will kick myself.

7. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just got off the phone to my local Tesco and they confirmed that they would be getting some in stock this morning but couldn't tell me how many, they just said that the phone store would be open from 10am for people to buy the phone..... what to do what to do lol!!

:confused:

8. timdriver macrumors newbie

Which is your local tesco store?

I've just spoken to the one in Manchester and they still don't know when a delivery is coming....