Tesco Mobile Unable To Access BtOpenzone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by d4nnyb0i, May 1, 2010.

1. d4nnyb0i macrumors newbie

Hi guys, im new to this place.

Firstly I have had a problem for a few days now.

I have an iPhone pay monthly contract on Tesco Mobile (with free btopenpworld) and i cannot find a way of registering my number for the service.
    I have tried searching the forum before i posted and tried a few things but to no avail.. such as entering my mobile number for the username/password. I've tried texting "wifi" and so on.

When i get re-directed to the btopenworld page i dont see an option of entering my mobile number at all, it's as if it dosen't recognise that im using an iphone.

If anyone can help me it would be muchly appreciated! Also if anyone else is on the same network as me and if you could share your experiences with me i would also be extremely grateful, :)

Cheers,
    d4nnyb0i:confused:

2. moovies macrumors newbie

unable to connect to btopenzone with tesco mobile

I'm also experiencing the same problem. Bizarrely, though likely to be incidentally, the full signal BTopenzone wifi that i've been able to see regularly for a year at my home location with my MacBook Pro, has disappeared since i've had the iphone.....:confused::confused:

I'd be really pleased to find out how to access though as i've found a spot on the street just round the corner!

Looking forward to any answers...

3. moovies macrumors newbie

called customer service

they just told me that their 'unlimited' BTopenzone access, is only at certain BTopenzone hotspots. eg at certain businesses. I wonder if that is businesses that offer free wifi anyway? I'm yet to get into the city (cambridge, UK) to see what i might be able to use there..... v frustrating, I dont remember being told/seeing those very limiting constraints

4. sandi46 macrumors newbie

Very frustrating

I'm with Tesco Mobile on pay monthly contract. I've had my iphone for 2 weeks and I'm near to using up my network allowance,when someone pointed out that I should be using BT openzone wi fi as its included my contract.

But first I need to register my iphone with iphone with BT openzone. After scanning Tesco mobile and BT openzone for information of how to register to no avail. Someone pointed out although BT openzone is included in the monthly allowance, its only allowed access near or in commercial buildings?:mad::confused:

Also learnt something else today, about Tesco's download allowance, if you go over the your limit, Tesco will charge you £4 per MB... I'm still in shock:mad:
    Apparently they don't sell bundles to pay monthly customers only to pay as you go customers.:confused: