Tesla electric supercar!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PowerFullMac, Sep 13, 2008.

1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

This will kill all electric and hybrid cars - bye bye G-Wiz!!!

Take a look!!!!!

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It's built by Lotus and shares a lot of DNA with the Elise. It's a sports car. It's no where near a supercar...

3. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

Really? really really?? you think this will knock out 25k hybrids? that seat 4? :rolleyes:

this cost's 100k and it only seats two. Nice car, but it will not make the cut.

For that money I would rather drive an 04-05 Bentley GT... Not as economical but I could make it to florida without having to sit and charge it for a bunch of hours.... :)

4. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

That thing has been around for some time now.

Obviously not going to affect hybrid sales. $75,000 buys you a lot of gas, or another (sports) car.

If you're buying a $100,000 car you're probably not concerned too much with the price of gas.

5. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

Erik, think with my mind. You don't get rich by not caring about price on something... Rich people are cheep, compared to what they could have.

I mean wealth is broken into 3 categories.

getting there: you feel good because you see things happening, so you like to reward your self. Maybe a mid-priced car or a nicer neighborhood

Wealthy: you know you have money so you flaunt. You eventually realize that the wealthier live at a smaller class then you, because they want to grow there wealth. NOT DEBT!

Really wealthy: YOu know you wealthy but you have already experienced the previous three and realized it wasn't the money you enjoyed but you enjoy the challenge. You probably drive an Escalade, mercedes E or S, or maybe a border line super car.

Don't get me wrong. there are many who would drive these car's but there are more that know they can, and do, spend there money on better things... charities, donation to schools or Africa or something.

Understand?

NOW! they could, and probably would, buy a CNG car like the new civic. Then invest the remaining 75k in a %12 fund of some sort... OR PAY OFF THERE HOUSE!! hahah.

6. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

I've been following the Tesla for years. Right now, it's just an exciting alternative to a Ferrari.

They have said they have several plans for family sedans (etc), which will be - if they actually get it done - ground breaking and the proverbial "next step" in the search for an alternative to the traditional automobile. They're also working on models featuring solar technology, so they won't rely heavily on the "grid" to recharge.

If they actually come through, not only will I probably buy one, but I'll invest in the company (they're not publicly traded yet).

The only negative is that they share a name with a truly horrible rock band.