Test Driving the 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jazwire, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

Went to the Apple Store hoping they would have the Hi Res 15".
    The only had the standard res, which I wasn't happy with as a I have a 15" C2D, or should I say my wife now has.

Even though I love the portability of my 15" , after playing with the 17" the screen real estate was tempting. Going from 1440x900 to 1920x1200 is quite the adjustment.

Since the store didn't have any 15" Hi-Res, the manager gave me his assurance I could exchange the 17" for the 15" within the 2 week period with no restock, if i decide the 17" is just too big. That was pretty cool of him...

Right now, I'd say its definitely an adjustment everything is so small, but I'm sure I'll adjust over the next few days, but its so awesome how much more screen I have.. I love that.

2. mac88 macrumors 6502

Great purchase. I hope you enjoy your new machine! The Hi-Res screen option is online only. I think I am going to wait a few months for the new ones to show up in the refurb. store and purchase one then.

3. Jazwire thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

I was told the Apple stores were going to carry the Hi-Res screen but only the Anti-Glare, Hi-Res Glossy will be order only.

4. mac88 macrumors 6502

I did not know that. I was under the impression that was a BTO option. Very good to know though, thanks and enjoy!

5. JerseyBill macrumors member

When you have 52 year old eyes that scream when I peer at the 12 inch screen of my work PC laptop, the 17 inch MBP screen seems like a lush oasis...

Looking forward to ordering a 17 soon with glossy display. Color balance and clarity are important to me - and I don't often use laptops in high glare environments.

6. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

so I have heard, too.

7. mac88 macrumors 6502

HA! :D Very true. I use a 17" laptop at work and use a 13" at home when I am not on the Mac Pro. The difference is crazy when you think about it.