iPad Test for Defects? iPad Air (Screen)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by narutoninjakid, Nov 2, 2013.

1. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

Short version : How to test for Defects on iPad Air screen ( dead pixels, light bleed, pinkish/yellow hue)

I ordered my iPad Air 32GB wifi of the apple site. Initially I was going to order from Best Buy so I could return it easily because I don't have an Apple store close to me. But yesterday Best Buy started selling them much later than Apple.
    So I went to Apple.com and ordered one after reading about all these screen defects it's making me really nervous.

I was wondering how do you guys test for these defects concerning screens and dead pixels and light bleed? I want to make sure everything is OK with kine before the 14 day return period is over.

Also I plan to sell mine in the future if returning or exchanging do I need the box as I Don't want them to take the original box and give me a refurbrished or white box as boxes add value.

Appreciate if anyone could list test they do to check for Defects once they get the product.

:confused::confused::(
    This really shouldn't be happening from a company like apple

2. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

I don't test for defects because it just makes me paranoid. If you're trying to look for conditions where the screen isn't absolutely perfect, then you'll probably be disappointed. That goes for any other tablet. If it looks fine during real world usage, I see no problem.

3. Markyyy macrumors regular

One example where a minor discolouration display issue might be a problem (particularly a shift from one are of the display to another) is if you're using your device to draw/paint, because most if not all artists needs to see accurately represented colours.

Most people who use their devices for leisure and everyday web-browsing shouldn't be bothered with the minor issues unless they're a bit OCD, like myself. And Apple products will attract a lot of OCD sufferers, I guess.

4. narutoninjakid thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not OCD on this stuff as long as it's not too bad I'm not going to return it. I sold my iPad 4 in August expecting an iPad release in September. I really want this iPad so I'm not going to return it unless something is really wrong with it. I'm tired of lugging around my heavy laptop

5. narutoninjakid thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Zcott macrumors 68020

Thanks for sharing. I have one that looks like that too.

7. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Find images that are solid colors that fill the entire screen. White and black being the most important.

Then view full screen.

Mailbox new message is an ok test for white. Or contacts app.

8. Shmanky macrumors regular

Does the iPad Air display turn pink in direct sunlight like my iPad 3 does?