Test Mic input??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by davidg4781, Oct 11, 2007.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68010

So, I installed Windows XP via Bootcamp on my MacBook so I can use a "learn Spanish" software. I plugged in my Logitech Microphone/Headset and I can't get any sound from the mic. When I use the built-in mic, it sounds a bit garbled, maybe because of background noise or something.

Well, I try it out with Mac OS X. No sound coming in at all with the line-in. Am I using the wrong type of headset/mic combination? Could there be something wrong with my line-in port? I checked using the system settings and Voice Candy, and I get no indication of anything coming in. With Voice Candy, the sound bars did move when I unplugged and plugged in the mic part, but it was just the little crackle noise you hear when plugging and unplugging things.

I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. I hate having 15GB tied up with Windows XP just to use this program, but I'd like to learn Spanish. Is there anything else I can try before calling Apple Care?

2. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68010

Ok, so, looking more into headsets, apparently this one, according to Logitech, is only compatible with Windows. Why? Am I missing something? Audio's going through the wires into a jack, why wouldn't it work?

And I did buy these a long time ago, before I even thought about using a Mac, so, I guess it's good I didn't waste any money or anything.