Test my first 3 FREE Apps please!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Brainela, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Brainela macrumors newbie

Hello

Finally i've done my first app. Actually there are three complete apps :rolleyes:
    And i'd like you to test 'em. They are absolutely free so you will spend no money. (Only your time)

All suggestions, comments, offers on improvement and wishes are very welcome!

Here are link to my page where you can download all apps.

Or you can use direct urls:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memo/id459700390?ls=1&mt=8
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/math-o-logic/id464038436?ls=1&mt=8
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/push-me/id464000593?ls=1&mt=8

Thanks!

2. Brainela thread starter macrumors newbie

3. CarletonTorpin macrumors member

Your apps have a clean look to them. I didn't actually download them, so I can't speak to their quality but they're certainly far more polished looking than a lot of the "this is my first app" posts I see here.

As for why you didn't get any replies yet (aside from mine), I can pin that on a few reasons.

1) You're simply broadcasting a message of "look at me! try my apps!" which is something that is seen countless times per day on this board so it's hard to stand out. A subject line that says what your apps are about could be a much better way to attract people to this thread.

2) Additionally, your apps are tailored to a specific demographic. It's unlikely that those who fall outside of that demographic will be interested in downloading your app, whereas this same post on a more education-oriented forum would likely receive many more replies.

All in all, it looks like you've got a good product on your hands so you're 50% of the way there. Marketing it is the other 50% of the work and that's where you're likely going to need to spend some time to learn the techniques that will take your product and make it attractive to people who need it but just don't know it yet.

4. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

Alright, I downloaded Memo and Math-O-Logic.

Overall, both apps have a clean look and feel to them. Very professional. Since they all have the same idea behind them, have you thought about combining them into one app? One thing I noticed is that you aren't able to see the online high scores. Maybe for now have it open up the webpage inside the app so you can see what scores you are trying to beat.

Memo: Fun app. Went through all the difficulties but found the all black and white tiles harder to memorize than the colored ones for any difficulty. I really think there should be a menu button or some way to exit the in progress game without having to finish if you don't want to. Also, you have the space, show a countdown timer and say memorize the tiles so you know how much time is available memorize. The first time through I wasn't sure how long I would have.

Math-O-Logic: This app was alright. I normally like these quick solving math games, but what I found frustrating is having to search where to input the number or math sign. I knew the answer immediately, but then had to spend the extra time looking and making sure i hit the correct number/sign. I'm not meaning it took me a long time to find the correct tile, but there were a couple of times i played the wrong tile because the answer was the same sign twice in a row, but the tile w/sign changed from under me on the second question. Minor inconvenience, but when your going against the clock I kind of wish it was in order and the signs were always in the same place. Same problem with this app needing an main menu button while in the game.