Test Results: iPhone 6 Plus Charged w/ iPad 12w/2.4a Charger

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spazma7ik, Sep 20, 2014.

1. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

So I tested how long it takes to charge the iPhone 6+ from 0% to 100% using the 12w 2.4a iPad charger and it took exactly 2.5hrs. Definitely not speedy but certainly a lot faster than with the regular charger I know it easily took longer than 3hrs although I didn't time that..

2. chanc macrumors member

chanc

I've been charging my iPhones using the iPad charger ever since the iPhone 4 and it's definitely faster than using the iPhone charger.

3. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

will this method eventually harm the battery?

4. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

i don't think so. if it does, apple would specify it directly not to use it.

5. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

No. All it does is charge the battery faster. iPhones/iPads have built-in circuitry that shuts down the incoming flow of electrons when the device is fully charged, so there is no increased risk of damaging the battery.

6. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

According to new tests, it seems that charging the battery slow will actually damage the battery faster in certain conditions.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2683...last-slow-charging-may-not-be-the-answer.html

7. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

I think it should be pretty safe. Apple does list the iPhone 6 plus as being compatible on their online store after all.

8. MentalFloss macrumors 65816

MentalFloss

Same for me. Surprised that this is even a topic now. I thought everyone did it. :D

9. coolfilmaker macrumors member

Not particularly. The two worst things for a battery are to leave it fully charged and above 100 F. If you have a 6 plus and are able to recharge every two days it should last a lot longer.

10. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps