Test safari for me?

Josh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
I don't use or have safari, and would like to know how my site is displaying in Safari.

I just added Word Press and re-styled it, so I'm not too sure how things are going to look.

URL: http://www.nautilus7.com

I appreciate the help!

(I'm having a funny IE error on Windows - not present in Safari - so let me know if you get that too. For some reason, it want's to download the .php file rather than display it.)

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
looks fine but the links don't work.
clicking on eg 'services' will load and show content for a split second. Then the main page is shown again.

still some work ahead ;)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
It is displayed on Safari 1.2.4 like this:

Looks like there is an offset at the top and bottom sections that needs to be addressed.

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
emw said:
Use the Insert Image function in the reply box and your JPG image will be displayed inline (so you don't need to click on it). :)
Thanks for the tip, but I like to link images larger than 800 px wide so it doesn't break the tables.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
iLikeMyiMac said:
Thanks for the tip, but I like to link images larger than 800 px wide so it doesn't break the tables.
I should have known... Good idea!

Josh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
redeye_be said:
looks fine but the links don't work.
clicking on eg 'services' will load and show content for a split second. Then the main page is shown again.

still some work ahead ;)
That's because those pages haven't been created yet, so I just have them all linking back to the home page.

Thanks for testing it out!

Big thanks to everyone else - especially for posting screenshots. That's very helpful.

For those of you who noticed the offset in the mid section: did the offset constantly stay offset, or does it look correct at different browser sizes? If you resize your browser smaller or bigger, does it look OK at some sizes, but off at others?

I think the trouble is because that width is set at 761, and than cannot be divided down evenly, so the browser cannot render half of a pixel at certain sizes, and must offset it. Should be able to fix it by changing to 760. I'll try that out.

Permissions problem on the file?
Everything is chmod'ed 755 or higher, so I don't see why that'd cause it. This problem has got me confused and bewildered beyond reason lol.

I though it was because maybe I uploaded as binary instead of ascii, but afrer reuploading everything correctly, it didn't fix the problem. Weird.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Josh said:
For some reason, it want's to download the .php file rather than display it.
Sounds like a mime type problem to me. And that's the extent of my knowledge when it comes to mime types.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Josh said:
For those of you who noticed the offset in the mid section: did the offset constantly stay offset, or does it look correct at different browser sizes? If you resize your browser smaller or bigger, does it look OK at some sizes, but off at others?
Sorry for the late response on this, but it doesn't seem to matter what size window I use, or what resolution I use, it always appears to be offset.

The odd thing is that everything inside the "window" lines up fine - the tabs, the solid green tint column, etc.

Josh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
Thanks for the reply!

That is odd. It's weird because the three basic elements (header, page, footer) all have the same attributes, so they should all behave the same. Not sure what is throwing it off yet.

The good news is I did fix the IE windows error lol...it was a problem in the database and what it "thought" the correct URL was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.