Test your iPod Touch or iPhone with this movie

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DavoMrMac, Sep 20, 2007.

1. DavoMrMac macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

2. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

3. Matteh117 macrumors regular

4. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

Man, all this negativity! Here I thought I had a great device, and after all these threads, I decided to check it. No negative black issues, but I did look at this video, and after some studying, I have a bunch of what look like dead pixles. I don't know if I'm just paranoid now, or they are really there!

5. DavoMrMac thread starter macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

6. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

7. sdfd504 macrumors regular

When I download the link I get a text document?

8. Avenger macrumors 6502a

I don't see the "nergative" issue but when I get to the screen with the square color swatches and you get to the darker "black" colors, I don't see a big different between the blacks. Is this a problem with the screen? Should I be seeing a big difference.

9. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

yea i cant get this to work. even when i save source, its still a text doc.

10. bobr macrumors member

Just click on the file name and delete the .txt file extension and it should work fine. That's what I did and then drug it into the iTunes window and it worked great (and conformed I have the screen issue!!)

11. zirk macrumors newbie

I found 3 dead pixels using this video , do you think i can exchange it because of that? I called the apple store and they told me they didnt know of any screen issues with the ipod touch. but they told me to take it to the genius bar so they could try and repair it !

12. DavoMrMac thread starter macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

I have had three people say they cannot download, but the link definitely works.

On a Mac, either just click the link, or Right Click and select Download Link Target.

On a PC, Right Click and select Save Link As (or at least I think that is the PC option).

Link to article (please read details, it also gives a link to static images):
    http://www.geekanoids.co.uk/2007/09/updated-version-of-ipod-touch-iphone.html

Direct link to movie file:
    http://www.geekanoids.co.uk/uploaded_images/iPod Touch + iPhone Screen Test.m4v

Good luck all. I am suspecting that new batches from week 38 on will have been rectified.

13. sdfd504 macrumors regular

Ok I got it to work this time. I downloaded it and it changed it to a txt. format but I went in and erased that part and it works fine. I will test it on my new touch this afternoon when I get it. I suspect that even though I am getting a new preorder since I am getting a week 37 it will have the screen problems.