MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

testflight.jpg
Apple's TestFlight platform, used by developers for beta testing iOS apps, was today updated to add several important new features including multiple builds, groups, and tester management.

With support for multiple builds, developers are now able to distribute and test more than one build of an app at a time, allowing beta testers to choose from several app builds to test.

TestFlight groups have been improved and are now more useful to developers. TestFlight users can be organized into groups for testing different builds of an app or for better management. Developers who use TestFlight will see all of their existing external testers added to a new "External Testers" group to start with following the update.

Going forward, beta testers of an app can continue testing a build once it goes live on the App Store for a seamless transition, and iTunes Connect users are able to access all active builds, making it easy to do quick comparisons. Apple has also made it easier for developers to resend invitations to testers who have not accepted a beta invitation.

For those unfamiliar with TestFlight, it's Apple's iOS beta testing platform, designed to let developers recruit beta testers for their apps to work out bugs ahead of releasing apps to the public.

TestFlight can be downloaded for free from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: TestFlight Gains Support for Multiple Builds, Better Group Management and More

Reactions: AlliFlowers

now i see it

macrumors 604
Jan 2, 2002
Very good news. The previous method used by TestFlight was way too constricting & claustrophobic. Using it felt like being in a jail cell (what I imagine one would be like)

Last edited:
Comment

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States
Very good news. The previous method used by TestFlight was way too constricting & claustrophobic. Using it It felt like being in a jail cell (what I imagine one would be like)
Yet reviews already being posted saying the update broke the app and their test builds for apps are gone. So this and Numbers app are now broken

Comment

Aston441

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Yet reviews already being posted saying the update broke the app and their test builds for apps are gone. So this and Numbers app are now broken

Correct DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS VERSION if you have been using it prior, everything is broken. Wait for the fix. MR you should pull the link and update the article.

Comment

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States
Correct DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS VERSION if you have been using it prior, everything is broken. Wait for the fix. MR you should pull the link and update the article.
This the reason I don't use Apples apps as they barely update them ever and always break things when they do.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.