Testing a newly purchased iMac at the shop

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Gbassani, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Gbassani macrumors newbie

I have just been told by the Belgian shop where I ordered an iMac 24" 2.8Ghz that it should be available in a week or two thus after 6 wks from order. Since I have been reading concerns about screen problems I have the following questions: 1-Can I have the computer tried at the shop before I pay for it in full? 2- If I have to buy it without testing and because of problems I have to return it, will Apple Care start from the date of purchasing or from the date I have a satisfactory computer? Thanks for your advises.

2. gormond macrumors regular

I'm not sure about Apple but most retailer will let someone who is spending that kind of money see the computer up and running before taking it home if they wish. I have asked that with a monitor before to make sure there was no dead pixels and they didn't have a problem.

3. Spanners macrumors member

In answer to your questions

1) Most probably not. Once it's open they would find it more difficult to sell on. However its worth asking.

2) It starts from the date of purchase. So if you pay for it today you get AppleCare from today. If they do any work under AppleCare they normally extend the Care for a further year (or at least they always have for me)

4. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

Chances of it being faulty are very small. Just use it and in the unlikely event it is faulty, take it back for a refund.