testing a super old macrumors account

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jermerized, Mar 9, 2009.

1. jermerized macrumors newbie

I've been a longtime frequent reader of MacRumors, but am not a frequent poster. Usually, I just can't bring myself to either repeat what others have already said, or I can't drive myself to correct the nonsense others are saying. More likely, I just don't have the time.

Anyway, when I couldn't remember my password this evening, my mind rotated through a set of old usernames I've used from time to time. Boy was I surprised when I logged in with one that showed my last login as:

December 31, 1969

Here's an image:
    http://jeremycogan.com/oldmacrumors.png

Looks like I created the account in July 2000... and I know MacRumors began that same year. I wonder how many others around here have accounts that go back that far? Don't you feel like you're uncovering a piece of history when you open really old online accounts? I have a hotmail account that I resist deleting because it goes back to 1997 or something... and ditto on an ebay account. It would be interesting to hear from others who have kept online accounts the same (AOL users who are afraid to change doesn't count) for a decade or so.

Anyway, just thought it would be something amusing to share. I'm pretty sure the profile on this has a bunch of junk a teenager would say in it, but I don't feel like changing anything for now.

2. mheidt macrumors member

This is funny.
    The zero is normally 01.01.1970.
    Maybe the timezone makes it a little ealier.