Testing the MBA for 14-days

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Serrat, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Serrat macrumors newbie

Hi guys!

I've come to a dilemma here. Currently studying in Spain, but going back to Norway after the summer. Was waiting to WWDC to buy a new Macbook, and has settled on the MBA. However, buying a Macbook in Norway gives automatic five years warranty, even without the Apple Care. So even though its slightly more expensive for the computer itself, the gain is huge. I talked with the Norwegian store to ask if I could buy it, and they could send it to me, and they could arrange that, however, it would be with Spanish warranty (normal 1-year).

I could get someone to send it to me, but the postal-system here is a joke, and I would risk getting taxed again here in Spain. Therefore I though about the plausibility to buy the MBA, test it for two weeks, then return it. This is a country in crisis, so a Spanish man may get a refurbished Macbook cheaper, but I don't like to take advantage of a service like that. But at the same time, Apple isn't making this easy for me either. What would you guys do?

2. questionmark macrumors newbie

Just wait till you get back to Norway, 5 year warranty is a steal without paying more.

3. kap09 macrumors 6502

+1 Paying for Applecare was a must when I ordered yesterday...I'd love those two extra years and zero price tag!

4. Storm9 macrumors member

Just because you returned it in 14 days does not make it refurbished.
    What will happen is it gets repackaged and sold as new, unless there is damage to it.

5. Ifti macrumors 68000

Legally it cannot be resold as new, as it is no longer new.
    It will be resold in the refurb store. Not everything in the refurb store is damage repaired etc, its also returned, fully functional, systems.