Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Serrat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
Oslo, Norway
Hi guys!

I've come to a dilemma here. Currently studying in Spain, but going back to Norway after the summer. Was waiting to WWDC to buy a new Macbook, and has settled on the MBA. However, buying a Macbook in Norway gives automatic five years warranty, even without the Apple Care. So even though its slightly more expensive for the computer itself, the gain is huge. I talked with the Norwegian store to ask if I could buy it, and they could send it to me, and they could arrange that, however, it would be with Spanish warranty (normal 1-year).

I could get someone to send it to me, but the postal-system here is a joke, and I would risk getting taxed again here in Spain. Therefore I though about the plausibility to buy the MBA, test it for two weeks, then return it. This is a country in crisis, so a Spanish man may get a refurbished Macbook cheaper, but I don't like to take advantage of a service like that. But at the same time, Apple isn't making this easy for me either. What would you guys do?

Storm9

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2007
Just because you returned it in 14 days does not make it refurbished.
What will happen is it gets repackaged and sold as new, unless there is damage to it.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Just because you returned it in 14 days does not make it refurbished.
What will happen is it gets repackaged and sold as new, unless there is damage to it.

Legally it cannot be resold as new, as it is no longer new.
It will be resold in the refurb store. Not everything in the refurb store is damage repaired etc, its also returned, fully functional, systems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.