testing tool for refurbished macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crick3r, May 18, 2009.

1. crick3r macrumors newbie

I have just received a "new" refurbished macbook pro... As I have read that some people have had some trouble with their computers I would like to find some testing tool that I could run in my computer.
    Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

2. Fizzoid macrumors 68020

Fizzoid

3. crick3r thread starter macrumors newbie

Hehe... Well yes... but this is my first macbook so I can't be sure 100% that it is working as it should... I know there is a tool that comes with AppleCare.. but maybe anyone could recommend an alternative.

4. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

You have a problem when something isn't working as it should. And if that's the case you'll most likely notice it.

If you want to make yourself paranoid however, go here. http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=739728

Get coconut battery and stuff like iStats to monitor your system use / heat / fan speed. Though really, you should be good to go as it is.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As fizzold stated, using it is your best bet. The install disks come with Apple Hardware Test. Run that for a while to see if anything kicks out.

I'd leave it on, running any and all programs you typically like to run and see if anything occurs. Refurbs from apple are typically good machines, so you should be ok, since apple makes sure any problems were corrected on them in the first place.

6. HarleyMan macrumors member

HarleyMan

Fire that baby and use it!

I have a 15" MBP Uni Refurb, and its been great from right out of the box.
    Fire yours up and use it, enjoy it, and stop getting worry lines over what might happen. If you need help or have a question like, is this supposed to do this, call Apple, their telephone customer service is great.
    :apple:

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Stop worrying about problems that don't really exist and start enjoying your purchase before it starts decomposing.

8. crick3r thread starter macrumors newbie

.... :confused: .....
    I ruined my MBP when upgraded to 10.6.1 !! Nothing like the old times.... I hate hwo safari freezes my computer !