Tests for bad screen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hoopdy, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Just got my touch from apple, week 37, just wondering what methods I can use to tell if it has a 'bad screen'.

Thanks. My iPod Touch is in debt to you. ;)

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

If you notice anything bad when you are normally using it, i'd say that's a great test...

3. Hoopdy thread starter macrumors 6502

As good as that test should be, I've read far too many things on here that have made me somewhat paranoid about getting a bad screen to see that test fitting this situation. I would just like some links or pics to some good screens of ipod touches so I can compare.

4. PurpleShaman macrumors member

whats the site where it runs a video with the colors and black and white contrast w/ the bars????

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

watch batman begins or some other dark movie on it and if you don't notice a problem then you are fine.

6. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

7. Hoopdy thread starter macrumors 6502

now I am noticing some dead pixels and want to play a pixel fix video but you have to set them to repeat and I havens found that option on my touch. Anyone know if there is repeat for videos?

8. PurpleShaman macrumors member

LOL im SURE there is such a thing....its with all those red, green, blue, and black and white fading screens which basically tests ur itouch for any problems....god whats the site of that!!!! btw, my w39 is pretty nice...but really dark stuff looks kinda bright from a slanted angle...

9. MargeSimpson macrumors member

try this test:
    http://www.techmind.org/lcd/greyscale.html

on a faulty screen, the very left square will actually be lighter color than the one next to it, when it should be very black.

try searching this forum for more tests, i am positive there are more. :cool: