Tether 2g touch to blackberry?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Strategy, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Strategy macrumors member

With the new 3.0 software update enabling bluetooth on the 2g touch, would it possible to tether it via bluetooth and just use the blackberry's internet on my touch?

2. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

Almost certainly not. Apple would ot likely allow you to access cellular internet on the iPod touch when they make a massive profit by limiting that to the iPhone.

~Dray

3. NeGRit0 macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

Apple wont, but the devs will...

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154175

they were working on just that in this thread, but the leader got banned from the site. Not sure how or where progress is though. He had actually avtivated the BT chip days before Apple announced 3.0

I cant wait for this to come to fruition, i have a WinMo phone, but i dont have wifi. My BT though works great with my Blackbook. cant wait until i can always have a net connection for my iPod Touch. :D

4. ffalzett macrumors newbie

Nokia to Blackberry via bluetooth

I have my Nokia N95 Internet tablet bluetooth connected to my Blackberry Storm on the Verizon network. It works great. I personally would like to do the same with my iPod Touch. What do you think of the chance that it will happen anytime soon?

5. ckd macrumors member

What I'd like to think? Real soon. (My Sony Ericsson phone on T-Mobile works great for tethering with either a MacBook Pro or Palm TX.)

What I actually think? Probably never. (OTOH, that's what I thought the odds were of Apple activating Bluetooth in the iPod touch at all, and I was wrong there.)

6. pilotrtc macrumors regular

Please pardon my ignorance

How would tethering an iPod work? :confused:

I have an Internet enabled phone (Upstage by Samsung). Would I enable Bluetooth on the phone, connect my iPod Touch to it via Bluetooth, then access the Internet via 3G on my phone, then connect to the Internet with my iPod?

It seems to me there's something missing. Wouldn't we need a setting on the iPod that says "Use Bluetooth connection to the Internet"? I can't see that happening.

I'm confused. :confused:

7. pilotrtc macrumors regular

Still confused

Is there no one who wants to show off his/her knowledge?

8. NeGRit0 macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

They already said whats in the 3.0 and tethering isnt in it. Im too tired and innebriated to google for you. give it a shot, might learn something.

9. dannyp1996 macrumors member

I do know that the iPod Touch does support bluetooth tethering to a mobile phone, and actually my MacBook Pro as well!

However my question would be, is this supported for BlackBerry? I know it works with my Sony Ericsson on o2 (UK) but the BlackBerry OS? :confused: