tether 3.1.2 was working, now not ...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by atao, Nov 4, 2009.

1. atao macrumors newbie

please take pity on this poor newbie ...

soo, i followed this guide to enabled tethering on my 3gs 3.1.2, jailbroken ...

http://macisms.com/how-to-enable-tethering-on-iphone-3-1-2-the-easy-way/comment-page-1/#comment-38

it was working for a week or so. then stopped working ... i suspect that it stopped working close to when i sync'd my iphone.
    I am now getting an error each time i start cydia: "the package com.mywi needs to be reinstalled, but i can't find an archive for it".

So, some questions:
    1. how can i fix the cydia error?
    2. did syncing my iphone kill tethering somehow?
    3. suggestions for re-enable tethering - should i just install one of the new cydia packages that have been floating around? (the sinfuliphone one?)

thanks,
    aj

2. Embraer macrumors newbie

First post here. I had the same issue as I followed the advice on various forums for deleting the MyWi app trial via SSH which still leaves the tethering hack in place. As I had left the Blackra1n app on my iPhone I simply reinstalled Cydia, did a little house keeping and then just shelled out the $10 for the full MyWi which works fine

3. tboooe macrumors regular

Yup, me too! MyWi and not issues tethering. If you look hard enough you can find ways to use MyWi without paying for it.

4. mikeb13 macrumors member

5. feedmeister macrumors member

Hey aj,

I'm sorry to hear it stopped working for you. But I think the best way to get your iphone to tether in a mostly pain free way is to add the sinfuliphone repo, install the "Enable Tethering for 3G/S" and reboot your iphone. It'll work. The previous method was to get it working before someone else came up with a better way, and adding the source through cydia is definitely easier than installing and uninstalling things.

Good luck.

6. atao thread starter macrumors newbie

hi all,

i did end up restoring my 3gs and then re-jailbreaking, then using the free cydia tether app hack and it seems to be working great. thanks for everyone's help.

aj