Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadgetmonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
hi folks, is it possible to tether an android phone(droid x) via direct connection(not sure if there is a microsd-apple cable) or wifi to a jailbroken ipad?

JGruber

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
I use my Droid's (HTC Aria) WiFi Hotspot feature to tether my WiFi iPad all the time, no issues, and work perfect.

DJackCity

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2011
Dowload PDANet in the Android Market and iBluever in Cydia. PDANet turns your phone into a bluetooth dial-up network and iBluever is the app the will create the connection on the iPad.

Xtgirl

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
I rooted my Droid X using z4root...it hangs, you have to pull the battery several times in order for it to complete. then I use Wireless Tether for Android and the droid x becomes a mobile hotspot.....and I connect to my ipad over wifi.

osxnewbe

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2006
I have rooted my Motorola Droid and use both Barnacle and Wireless Tether apps on a regular basis for my iPad.

Works great although rooting the droid was a little harder than jailbreaking my iPhone...

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2010
Android 2.2 on a Dell Streak includes a hotspot at least on the Rogers version.

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
I use my rooted evo 4g to use mobile hotspot, i can use 4g over wifi on the jailbroken iPad no problems, i am using cyanogen nightly #14

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.