Tether android phone to Ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by gadgetmonster, Feb 25, 2011.

1. gadgetmonster macrumors regular

hi folks, is it possible to tether an android phone(droid x) via direct connection(not sure if there is a microsd-apple cable) or wifi to a jailbroken ipad?

2. JGruber macrumors 6502

I use my Droid's (HTC Aria) WiFi Hotspot feature to tether my WiFi iPad all the time, no issues, and work perfect.

3. DJackCity macrumors newbie

DJackCity

Dowload PDANet in the Android Market and iBluever in Cydia. PDANet turns your phone into a bluetooth dial-up network and iBluever is the app the will create the connection on the iPad.

4. Xtgirl macrumors regular

I rooted my Droid X using z4root...it hangs, you have to pull the battery several times in order for it to complete. then I use Wireless Tether for Android and the droid x becomes a mobile hotspot.....and I connect to my ipad over wifi.

5. osxnewbe macrumors regular

I have rooted my Motorola Droid and use both Barnacle and Wireless Tether apps on a regular basis for my iPad.

Works great although rooting the droid was a little harder than jailbreaking my iPhone...

6. OSMac macrumors 65816

Android 2.2 on a Dell Streak includes a hotspot at least on the Rogers version.

7. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I use my rooted evo 4g to use mobile hotspot, i can use 4g over wifi on the jailbroken iPad no problems, i am using cyanogen nightly #14