Tether for free with unlimited data plan? (Prepaid)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Refergamerz, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Refergamerz macrumors newbie

Hi, gonna get straight to the point, hopefully my fellow jailbreakers can help me! Okay so I'm about to go out today and get a prepaid card and activate it on my cellphone. I'm aiming for an unlimited talk, text, and Data card, however, I know I will be charged extra for tethering and what-not so my main question is: what cell phone carrier (AT&T, T-Mobile Sprint etc) doesn't really care/notice if ur using pdanet, foxfi, or another tethering application because I've been doing a lot of online reading and a lot of people claim that if u go with a certain carrier ur less likely to be detected.

P.S. Sorry this might be a confusing question, but hypothetically, let's say I go out today and buy a prepaid card, okay? Let's say the card allows unlimited talk, texting, and Internet with a 5GB fast speeds. If I get pdanet, and use it, will it use the 5GB's I have or will PDAnet tether with just using the internet? This is really confusing and not very clear. Please help, looking for informative feed back. Thanks!

2. ag29 macrumors 6502

I'd recommend AOLing a UDP line from Verizon. Best coverage and you can tether hundreds of GB's and they won't mention anything.

Sprint unlimited is a good deal IF and only IF you get good service in your area, but they might cut you off if you use too much gigabytes, but then again, your main problem would be to actually get decent enough service with Sprint

T-mobile unlimited is the second choice slightly more expensive than Sprint, they offer you 5Gb of tethering per month even without using FoxFi, and of course you can pass that limit by using Foxfi.

As for AT&T unlimited, they aren't even an option as they throttle you after 5 GB.

3. Refergamerz, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014

Refergamerz thread starter macrumors newbie

QUOTE=ag29;20354262]I'd recommend AOLing a UDP line from Verizon. Best coverage and you can tether hundreds of GB's and they won't mention anything.

Sprint unlimited is a good deal IF and only IF you get good service in your area, but they might cut you off if you use too much gigabytes, but then again, your main problem would be to actually get decent enough service with Sprint

T-mobile unlimited is the second choice slightly more expensive than Sprint, they offer you 5Gb of tethering per month even without using FoxFi, and of course you can pass that limit by using Foxfi.

As for AT&T unlimited, they aren't even an option as they throttle you after 5 GB.[/QUOTE]

Dude/girl ur awesome! Very informative. Do u think foxfi is better than pdanet? Which one would u recommend more? And do u think I should get a good VPN to help make me even more undetectable? Or is that pointless?

4. wxman2003 Suspended

Unfortunately with Sprint, you are locked to their phones. You cant just test on AT&T and then take your phone to Sprint. Or test on T Mobile and take to Sprint. With unlocked iPhone you can try t mobile and AT&T. With unlocked verizon, you can test it out on all 3, but not Sprint. You also can not take any Sprint phone to another carrier. So unless you are sure you want to stay with Sprint, you might want to think about the others.

5. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

No longer possible to AOL and unlimited plan with Verizon thanks to the scalpers

----------

Dude/girl ur awesome! Very informative. Do u think foxfi is better than pdanet? Which one would u recommend more? And do u think I should get a good VPN to help make me even more undetectable? Or is that pointless?[/QUOTE]

My Wi for the win

6. ag29, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014

ag29 macrumors 6502

I'm a dude lol. I used Foxfi and as far as I know Foxfi and Pdanet are the same thing. Either one you get will unlock the same features of the other one.

Those plans above are actually all for postpaid, sorry I forgot to notice you needed it specifically for prepaid.

I have researched all the best pre-paid plans and by far the best deal for unlimited everything is with MetroPCS. Just verify T-mobile has good service in your area and you're good to go.:)

MetroPCS $60 pre-paid unlimited plan (uses T-mobile network) https://www.metropcs.com/cell-plans/plans/details.GSM60.html.

Using a VPN would add an extra layer of security but it might not be worth the hassle because if they really wanted to catch you, they'd probably find out either way.

Any phone will work on MetroPCS as long as it's a Verizon, T-mobile, or AT&T phone. But if it's an AT&T phone make sure it's unlocked.

7. Delmar macrumors 6502

Best answer by far. Snag a Verizon UDP & tether away after you jailbreak.