Tether iPhone4 or Buy 3g iPad?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SyncSpin, Aug 20, 2011.

1. SyncSpin macrumors member

Hey guys.

Today I am purchasing my new iPad and wanted your opinions. Should I get a 3g ipad and pay $25 a month for data? Or since I have an iPhone4 should I just upgrade the net to tethering at 4gig a month and use the wireless hotspot?

I am leaning toward wifi version and tethering since cost wise I would be saving money. But wanted to get opinions on if this is good or not?

2. infernoguy macrumors regular

infernoguy

Buy the 3G Version. I went through the same thing last week and it was too inconvenient (for me anyway) to do two additional steps to get Internet when you are not near a wifi hotspot.... Just my 2 cents!

3. Norouzi macrumors 6502

If you have the extra cash for the 3G version I'd say go with that. Personally I ended up buying my wife the WiFi version and adding tethering to the phone because that saved me a few hundred dollars on the cost of the iPad. Tethering does work fine. The thing I love about it is that I can add or remove the tethering when I don't need it. Added it when we went on vacation then dropped it then just added it again the other day when we were out and about for the day and needed it. Don't know if they make you sign a contract or not for the 3G versions.