iPhone Tether me data usage question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by purpleparrotuk, Jan 22, 2015.

1. purpleparrotuk macrumors 6502

I am using the personal hotspot on my iphone 6 plus so I can stream videos etc to my ipad air 2. Set this up yesterday. The weird thing is whenever I watch stuff on my ipad the data usage section on my iphone doesn't increase. It only increases if I actually try to watch soemthing or use something on the phone itself. I am installed the app "My Data Manager" and this clearly shows all the data from my ipad an iphone combined and data usage increases when I stream to my ipad.

Why does the data usage on my ipad not show under the mobile data usage section of my phone? (obviously I don't have a data usage section on my ipad it is a wifi only version.)

Thanks

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Seems normal to me. TetherMe isn't going to show up in the iPhone's data monitor because it's not an App (it's a tweak installed outside the App store, and it's not an official apple system app), so looks like the data monitor tool doesn't catch the data one of the phones apps or system processes is using.