Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
I find it hard to search for similar questions because of keywording so if you know the answer is already on MR, just link here and close this one.

Got an iPhone 5s Sprint, got an iPad mini 128GB.

I do not have a data plan for the mini, its basically the music source for my car, so when driving I really dont need internet on it like ever. But I have Spotify and can listen to it with my phone as it just uses the cell data when not on my home wifi. But the phone is my pocket and the ipad mini is like right there on the dash...and sometimes I want music I dont have on the ipad. But how can i use spotify on a device without a data plan or wifi access?

Is there any way, app, thing, magic incantation that can either tether the data from my iPhone to the ipad (i assume both have to be jailbroken or at least one?) or better yet, just stream the audio playing on the iphone to the ipad.

Weird? Easy? I have no idea. But a data plan for the ipad is just ridiculous for what I want out of this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.