Tether Normal Phone to iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by eddydorantes141, Sep 23, 2008.

1. eddydorantes141 macrumors newbie

Is it possible to tether a regular phone with unlimited data to the ipod touch to get internet? Even if it might involve tethering to the laptop and then to the iPod touch. Is there also a way to do internet sharing from a Windows PC to an iPod touch?

2. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

perhaps you can get a bluetooth adapter and connect it that way. I don't know for sure but I would like to try.

3. eddydorantes141 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just read t=367766this and I guess I figured it out, but can this be possible with a Blackjack II through USB since the phone doesn't have wi-fi? (Just the phone to USB, the iPod touch through wi-fi)

4. parrotmac macrumors newbie

Bluetooth in June

Apple has confirmed that the next major upgrade for the iPod touch will include Bluetooth support for the Bluetooth antena that is included but locked down for the Nike shoe interface. This update will be free for iPhone users but touch users will have to pay $10 for the 3.0 firmware.

5. d94 macrumors member

been doin this ever since the 1g touch came out
    iv got a nifty app called wmwifirouter installed on my ppc

6. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

http://www.wmwifirouter.com/

That works beautifully if you have a Windows Mobile phone with WiFi capability. I was too cheap to buy it since I didn't use it that often, but I did the free month trial and it works like a charm. Check on that site to see if it supports your phone.