tether options appears on IP4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jumpie, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

I have a 3GS (new bootrom I think but that's not the point here) that I jailbroke using Spirit. Bought MyWi and installed that. Upgraded to iPhone 4 which was activated at the Apple store. Set up my new IP4 from the last back up from my 3GS. Now, when I look under Settings>Network I have the option to tether which I assume is a holdover from my backup. It's also showing AT&T 7.0. My 3GS is showing AT&T 5.6. The question is if I try to enable it, will it work, or will it disappear until the IP4 is jailbreakable and I can reinstall MyWi?

Yes, I know I can try it, but I'd prefer not to and lose it.

I have: IP4 running iOS4, official AT&T.

Anyone know if it'll work?

And, do you think if I upgrade my 3GS, I'll be able to jailbreak using pwnage tool?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you try and tether I believe the phone will make you set up a tethering package with AT&T before it will work.

You won't lose it as it is a standard feature of iOS4 on iPhone 4

3. Jumpie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

So i checked mine and my friend's phone. When i click on Network on his phone, Internet Tethering changes to Set Up Tethering.

When i click on Internet Tethering on mine, it just says Internet Tethering>Off.

Id like to try it in the hopes I'll be able to use it and not lose it at all.

4. speed23 macrumors newbie

@jumpie: I also upgraded from a jb 3G with MiWi to a new iPhone 4; and I have the same option (tethering ON/OFF)...while my wife's iPhone 4 says "Set Up". Her 3G was also jailbroken but she didn't have MiWi.

I'm also planning to try tethering via USB...hopefully it will work.

5. Jumpie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

Let me know what happens. Thanks!