Tether question for those on the new Tmobile plan who use tetherme from cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Pinkstiletto66, May 3, 2013.

1. Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502

With the $70 unlimited data and 500 mb tether, will tether me app use the unlimited phones data? I might upgrade to this plan if it does.

2. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

Bump because I have almost reached my data limit and might have to upgrade.

3. cyber16 macrumors 6502

The best time as any to try a few of them tethering apps is after you reached the limit, nothing to lose. If you get more then edge speed you know its working. Just an idea

4. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

I am currently on a 5GB $30 T-Mobile plan ans i have no wifi right now. So I was thinking about upgrading to the $70 unlimited data phone plan and 500 mb tethering.

Thing is since I can't find my original SIM card I don't want to upgrade and not be able to come back if tethering would somehow be separated (meaning the data is taken from the 500 mb) I don't think it should but that's why I asked.

I originally posted in the general iPhone section but my question was moved to iOS hacks.

My next option is to buy a MiFi device and use data that way, but tetherme works lovely and no sense in an additional device if I don't need it.

5. RobertoG macrumors member

While on the topic, will MyWi or Tetherme become a bandwidth bottleneck or will it serve packets as fast as it receive it with a fast LTE connection?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why would it slow it down?
    It tethers as fast as your connection is.

7. RobertoG macrumors member

Oops. I've read about a maximum bandwidth in another forum, but the context was Bluetooth tethering, not wifi.