Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trvsglr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
I am currently tethering my iphone to my pc running Windows 7. When i run utorrent theres a yellow check mark at the bottom of utorrent saying that there are no incoming connections. Are there any settings to fix this?? Any help if you can thanks!!

preguntonontrac

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
You have the same problem that i have except not with utorrent.

Utorrent and most torrent clients needs incoming connections to work.

The real question here is, How to open ports in the iPhone for incomming connections? When you know that, you just open the ones u torrent needs.

You should call your ISP i am gessing is ATT and ask them how to open ports for incomming connections since the iPhone is being use like a modem.

use this to see if the ports are open try with 80,81 and 8080.

http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/port-scanner/

If you solve this please drop the solution here, thanks.

trvsglr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
Thank you very much, ill do my best. I found one solution ha which probly isnt the best!! When i download off utorrent i just turn off my firewall and then i get that little green check mark at the bottom and it says everything is working as it should. So could the problem by my firewall??

powder78

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2009
Windows 7 - Tethering uTorrent

I too am having issues with uTorrent while tethering using my iPhone 3G as my internet connection.

uTorrent is working however I have a red ! in the bottom of uTorrent and it states that the port forwarding isn't correct.

Is anyone aware of how to set up port forwarding (assuming iPhone is acting as the modem) in Windows 7 or on the iPhone or is the only way to get this to work is by turning off the firewall as noted above???

I'm relatively new to Windows 7 and uTorrent so any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.