tether with a blackberry?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cdubz, Nov 16, 2010.

1. cdubz macrumors newbie

As per the title is it possible?I know I'm a newbie I did try and search these threads and all my searches came back no matches.I have jailbroken my ipad and was looking into itether but only seems to work with an iphone.Would setting up a bluetooth connection work?I've heard rumors that come the new year iphones will be availble through verzion here in the states,maybe I should wait 'till then as I do want an iphone,just can't stomach having to use at&t.

2. Simonkey75 macrumors newbie

Simonkey75

As far as I know, sadly no it's not possible, as the iPad doesn't do USB tethering and wouldn't tether over Bluetooth to the Blackberry (someone please correct me if I'm wrong though - I'm by no means an expert on BB).

I know on Android phones it's possible to root them and install a mobile hotspot app, and then connect your iPad to that. Any BB owners know if there's a similar app for the BB OS?

3. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

4. cdubz thread starter macrumors newbie

My phone is an older blackberry curve on the verzion network

5. Fulcrom macrumors newbie

No AT&T here also but my sprint 9630 with PDANET and ibluever works fine no a speed daemon bot it works