Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

don pianta

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Cincinnati
I recently decided that I wanted to update my phone to the newest firmware and jailbreak it, but every time I try to update my phone it keeps saying that "This device isn't eligible for the requested build." I've also tried restoring it... but the same error message pops up...

I still have the 4.2.1 ispw on my computer because my phone is currently tehtered and I use redsn0w to boot it up, Is there a way I can restore my phone to 4.2.1?

the reason i've decided to update my jailbreak is because just recently my phone has not been able to make calls (every time I call someone I can hear them but they can't hear me... and every time someone calls me, my end of the call always drops out within 2 minutes... Does anyone know a way to fix this problem so I can bypass the whole updating of my phone?)

don pianta

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Cincinnati
i dont know if it's possible to "shift-update" using the ispw i already have on my computer... because it's the same firmware that's already installed...

i just want to be able to make calls again... and this is pissing me off that i cant even get rid of my jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.