Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beastmode16

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2011
Hey i am new here and i need some help on weather or not to jailbreak my WHITE iPhone 4. i am on verizon 4.2.10 i have done some research and came up with i will have to use a tethered jailbreak i have jailbroke my ipod touch before but it was untethered. i know i will have to use redsn0w 0.9.8b7a but i am just curios if tethered jailbreak have alot of issues especially when reboot. i dont plan to use much just winterboard glasklart theme and sbsetting. maybe bitesms. but i was just wondering if you thing if i should or should not jaibreak?

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I am also on 4.2.10 and faced with a tethered JB or none at all. I have decided to just wait for the JB of iOS5.

This isn't only phone so I do not want to run the risk with the unteathered JB.

Blindroad

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2011
Nashville, TN
I have replaced my iphone today and I have decided to go with the 4.3.5. tethered jailbreak because I need my Mywi.

I used the following instructions and I did not have any issues.

4.3.5 Tether

When you re-spring the device you will not have to worry about doing the tethered boot.

I have installed all my repo's and purchased items from cydia and it works well.

I have also tested it and if I do not do a tethered boot it will still boot but I will not have access to jailbroken applications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.