Tethered jailbreak 5.1 non-A5!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TriJetHero, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Netherscourge, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012

Netherscourge macrumors 6502

Damn, that was fast.

I updated last night to 5.1

Now I feel better.

:)

EDIT - they probably has this running during the iOS 5.1 beta and kept it under wraps so Apple couldn't squash it before the public release.

I hope the Absinthe Dream Team can crack the A5/A5X sandbox again and JB 5.1. But I'm not stressing about it.

I'm not a big JB user myself. I just like the fact that I can control my own device - if I wanted to.

2. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

I am waiting for Absinthe too.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

it's because of the Limera1n exploit there will always be a tethered jb option for I4 3gs and A4 devices. however for A5 the corona and Absinthe are no more as expected. looking for exploits is a needle in a haystack we all hope it will be found soon but it's unlikely. Apple is also getting smarter Comex is probably helping them as well. I don't blame him or Apple for that matter Expect I wish Apple was more jb friendly.

4. Orlandu macrumors 6502

Orlandu

I'll be updating tonight. Hopefully they got the battery fixes sorted out at last. Overnight last night, my battery went from 75% to 40% this morning.

Anyone know if Semi-Tether still works with 5.1?

5. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Thats why we should all be sending our crash reports to Chronic Dev team using the CDEVReporter so that they can have an easier time finding exploits especially on 5.1

6. TriJetHero thread starter macrumors 601

TriJetHero

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

they mainly need people that did the update to 5.1 to use CDEVReporter so they can find a new exploits faster.

8. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Yep!My mistake so if your on 5.1 and want to help out the jailbreak community download the crash reporter http://greenpois0n.com/?p=131