Tethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by profinite, Nov 13, 2011.

1. profinite macrumors member

Does a tethered jailbreak for an iPhone 4S with iOS 5.0.1 exist?

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0 that has been jailbroken. And, I would like to purchase a new iPhone 4S. But, I want to know beforehand whether or not, at least, a tethered jailbreak is available for the new iPhone 4S.

Please advise. Thanks much. :)

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There is no jailbreak for the iPhone 4S. The first jailbreak will likely be a userland untethered jailbreak.

3. profinite thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, Intell. Yes, that's what I thought. But, with so many tethered jailbreak beta methods being released, I had lost track of jailbreak availability for the iPhone 4S.

Thanks again.

4. iphonewarrior! macrumors newbie

I shouldn't be long now. When the iPhone 4 was released it took 6 weeks until a jailbreak was released. I'm sure the dev's are working hard on it as we speak.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

just try to get it with 5.0 that should be soon. Exploit was removed for 5.0.1 and Apple and 5.0.1 did not fix the battery issue.

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I agree. I'm thinking around thanksgiving if they stay on track. If it takes longer than I would start to get concerned.