Tethered or wait?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Chromus, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Chromus macrumors regular

So I've been waiting for an untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak, but I'm starting to get impatient and am craving the freedom jailbreaking will allow me. I understand no one here has solid information on wether an untethered jailbreak is right around the corner, but what do you guys think, should I just use the tethered jailbreak or try to wait it out? I know the Chronic-Dev Team is supposed to have an untethered jailbreak, but who knows when that will be released. I guess my biggest concern is whether the "popular" apps/tweaks will work easily on 4.2.1. Also, is using themes still viable on 4.2.1?

Thanks for your opinions!

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

As far as I'm concerned all the popular apps/tweaks are already working on 4.2.1.

As far as going tethered, I'm still tethered and it's been rock solid (of course I don't use Winterboard ... it's garbage). I've yet to be out and screwed because I had to reboot. It's been a non-issue.

3. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

I'm using the tethered JB and it's really not bad at all. I haven't had any problems.

4. Chromus thread starter macrumors regular

It's nice to hear some "success stories," thanks! :p Do either of you know if and when an untethered jailbreak is released, will I be able to just run that jailbreak on top of the tethered or will I have to restore to 4.2.1 and then use the untethered?

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

^1+ missjenna I held of for a while but I been tethered for about 2 weeks ago. it's not a full tether I can respring all day long with no problems. as long as you don't reboot or turn off the phone you won't need to reconnect it to redsn0w. I don't download anything from Cydia at work now just in case it needs to reboot. in two weeks I had to connect it once. also it's very stable imo. :D