Tethered to Untethered jailbreak preserving baseband

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lucky518, Nov 20, 2011.

1. lucky518 macrumors member

So recently i bought a second hand iPhone 4 running ios 4.3.1 with gevey sim which works perfectly but the problem is that the jailbreak is tethered so it is really a pain to boot it again again with redsnow. I have been searching for around for quite a time but couldnt find a thing.So please could anyone help me on how to get untethered jailbreak while preserving baseband.

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

NOTE: If you are a Windows user, follow our complete step by step tutorial posted here to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 (untethered) on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch using Sn0wbreeze 2.5.

Step 1: Download everything required for this jailbreak, here is the list:

Download PwnageTool 4.3 for Mac.

Download iOS 4.3.1 firmware. Put all files to the desktop for quick access.
    Step 2: Run PwnageTool application (that you downloaded in Step 1) in “Expert mode”. Choose your device when this screen appears:

Step 3: When you click the blue next button, a screen will appear asking you to browse for iOS 4.3.1 firmware. Just do it.

Step 4: Now another screen will appear with some options. Just select “Build” from them and again click the blue forward arrow button.

Step 5: PwnageTool will tell you that it is “Building IPSW” with the following screen. Let it do it’s work to create a custom firmware for you.

Step 6: When PwnageTool is done with creating a custom firmware, it will ask you to enter your device in DFU mode. If you don’t know how to enter your device in DFU mode, follow these steps:

Press & hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds.
    Now Release the Power button but do not release the home button for further 10 seconds.
    When your iOS device enters the DFU mode, the following blue message appears for confirmation.

Step 7: Now finally you need to restore the custom firmware on your iOS device. Start iTunes and click on the connected iOS device that is located in the sidebar. Now press and hold “Shift” Key on Windows or press and hold “Alt” key if your using Mac and click the “Restore” button ( as shown in the screenshot below).

Clicking on “Restore” will make iTunes ask you for the custom firmware .ipsw file. Browse for the custom iOS 4.3.1 firmware file that you created in the steps earlier.

Step 8: Your work is done here, iTunes will restore the iOS 4.3.1 firmware on your iOS device and will reboot your device to a jailbroken state.

How-To Unlock iOS 4.3.1:
    Ultrasn0w 1.2 is broken on iOS 4.3.1. Wait for the Dev-Team to push new version of Ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone (compatible basebands: 01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00).

All found with about 2 min on google.

Source:

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak...ipod-touch-using-pwnagetool-4.3-how-to-guide/

3. lucky518 thread starter macrumors member

Doesnt itunes say that the build is not eligible for the phone since apple released ios 5.

4. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Yes. But if you change your etc/hosts file server to Cydia's, you'll be fine. It will verify with Cydia and they will sign the firmware. :)

There is a how to on iclarified.

5. lucky518 thread starter macrumors member

Could you please give me the link?
    And can it be done on 4.3.3?

6. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

i thought you were on 4.3.1?

----------

If you're on 4.3.3 just use jailbreakme.com

----------

www.saurik.com/id/12

That's how you use cydia to sign the ipsw.

7. lucky518 thread starter macrumors member

I am on 4.3.1 but i want to get to latest version with an untethered jailbreak to which i think is 4.3.3. So could provide me with the links?
    And i have a mac.

8. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

First you'll need to view hidden files:
    1.Launch Terminal, located at /Applications/Utilities/.

2.Type or copy/paste the following commands into the Terminal window. Press the return key after you enter each line of text. Note: There are only two lines of text below, each in its own gray box. Depending on the size of your browser’s window, the lines could be wrapping and appearing as more than two lines. Be sure to enter them as single lines.

Code:
    defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE 

Code:
    killall Finder
    Then add cydia server to hosts file:
    1. Login as Admninistrator
    2. Open up Terminal and paste
    Code:
    sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/hosts 
    and press enter
    3. Type your password if it prompts
    4. When the hosts file opens up in TextEdit add
    Code:
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    at the very end of the document
    5. Then go to File > Save and close TextEdit and type exit in Terminal
    6. You're all done!

After that, Download the 4.3.3 IPSW and restore by pointing the restore to that ipsw.

9. lucky518 thread starter macrumors member

10. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese