Tethering 2 computers, 1 iPhone 3GS!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanFSU, Jul 1, 2009.

1. DanFSU macrumors newbie

My friend got his 3Gs today and setup tethering on his laptop through USB and I set up tethering on my Macbook Pro through bluetooth on the same device.

The connection is fast, almost as fast as my home cable modem with both computers!

Go iPhone!

2. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!! I want to see that bill!:D:p

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

So you're saying you were able to tether 2 different computers to a single iPhone simultaneously, one using the USB connection and the other using bluetooth?

4. DanFSU thread starter macrumors newbie

That's exactly what I am saying. It's awesome. There is no charge for it right now thank God!

5. Roosterfosho macrumors member

6. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

That you are aware of. Just wait. Lucky for you its not your iPhone so AT&T won't do anything to you.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

To everyone that argues they pay for unlimited data and they should be able to use it however they want and that it's just ONE device using the connection still- I give you this thread. Which illustrates WHY ATT is justified in charging for tethering.

8. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Classic, I was waiting for someone to point this out. Imagine what a bunch of people like the OP and his friend would do to the AT&T network if they allowed unlimited tethering, for free.

9. DanFSU thread starter macrumors newbie

I just found it interesting that it can be done, so for future applications it is nice.