Tethering App slips through app store again

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by drummerdude1390, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Wilson1313, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012

Wilson1313 macrumors member

Does this definitely work- can anyone else confirm before I buy this? And will the app still work if you put the iPhone to sleep as opposed to leaving the screen on?

UPDATE: I ended up purchasing the app and testing it- and it works!! Only downside is the screen has to be kept on to keep the tether active, but I kinda figured this would be the case. But for $2 compared to paying your carrier ~15 month it is totally worth it!!

2. iBreatheApple, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012

iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I don't understand how to connect devices to it? It tells me wifi must be on and I also can't see it from other devices.

Edit: Just kidding but WOW that's a lot of steps. Wish it was plug and play but then again it probably wouldn't have made it through the app store that way. :/

3. Crooks macrumors regular

I got it as well. And as mentioned, the screen needs to be on for it to work, but I'm willing to work with that.

App works nice though. Especially the audio recording part ;);)

4. Wilson1313 macrumors member

Well a good thing can't last forever- it was pulled :( if ya missed out it will only be a matter of time before another slips through.

5. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

Looks convoluted... glad I got iTether a while back when that happened. I think it was $10 or even $15 possibly, but it being super simple to do and you can sleep your phone while tethering made it an invaluable tool to have.