"tethering" bar won't go away even after uninstalling MyWi

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ChPh, May 24, 2010.

1. ChPh macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have had this irritating problem since I tried "MyWi" on my Iphone. The tethering bar at the top (just below the statusbar) won't go away. Even if I delete the application and restart my Iphone or if I reinstall it and then delete it and restart my Iphone it won't disappear. As soon as I turn my 3G or Wifi on and the phone recon that it has internetconnection there's a bar at the top of my screen saying "tethering" (or in rare occasions "xxxkb/s up xxxkb/s doown"). Sometimes when I turn of 3G and/or my Wifi the bar disapears or if I don't use any internetconnections for a while.

I also downloaded ifile and deleted everything under "MyWi" under applications (weird that it was still there even after I deleted it via cydia.)
    Can someone help me? I really want to get rid of this bug or whatever it is. And I don't want to reinstall my phone :(

Really thankful for answers, you will make my day if you solve the problem ;).

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Contact its developer. You paid for it, didn't you?

3. ChPh thread starter macrumors newbie

Eh, noo...

No, I just wanted to try it out, so I think I dled a cracked version...

4. ChPh thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed it

Never mind guys, fixed it. It was really simple,

Setting>General>Profile>Remove>Then go to tethering

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D