Tethering being disabled when sync with iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JVK07, Jun 20, 2009.

1. JVK07 macrumors newbie

So I enabled tethering via downloading the ippc file and syncing with the older version of iTunes, but now when I sync with iTunes the tethering option disappears.

What's going on?

After each sync I download the settings file right to my iPhone to re-enable tethering.

2. bwells2610 macrumors newbie

Sounds to me like your phone is reverting back to the AT&T 4.0 carrier file when you sync! Navigate on your iPhone to Settings>General>About and tell me what you have listed under Carrier?

If it is still on AT&T 5.0 then navigate to Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network and tell me what is listed under Voicemail. Is it wap.cingular or acds.voicemail?

We will go from there!

3. JVK07 thread starter macrumors newbie

The carrier is listed at AT&T 5.0 and both the data network and visual voicemail say wap.cingular.com.

Is there any way to disable the iphone from going back to the original carrier file when I sync?

4. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Just to be clear for anyone that can't find this, it's actually Settings>General>About to see the carrier info. (Unless this changed for the 3GS, I don't have a 3G to check!)