Tethering BlackBerry to a Mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by yg17, May 14, 2008.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Anyone know how to tether a BlackBerry to a Mac (Leopard)? I'm using a Curve on T-Mobile if that helps. Thanks

2. donmei macrumors regular

I dont know what you mean by tether. I'm a corporate bb user, so a lot of the stuff you have to do, I may not have to deal with.

I own the bb and the company I do consulting for lets me into their BES. Once I allow that, they pretty much take over the entire ball of wax, with their enterprise mgmt tools.

However, I've switched out BBs and used desktop manager. That is a PC only app as far as I know. You may need to run fusion or parallels to use desktop mgr.

Was this any help. ?? Probably not. sorry I couldnt be more help.

If you explain what teathering is. I may be more help, as I've lived with a BB for the last 4 years.

Don

3. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Tethering is connecting the phone (usually via bluetooth) to your computer so you can use the internet on your computer via your phone's connection. Quite handy for when you don't have any other access to the internet

4. donmei macrumors regular

Ok. Its funny, Cingular charges you an extra amount (I think $10) to be able to do that. Even if you have a data plan.