Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
I am away in my touring caravan over easter and want to watch the local football derby on sky go on my macbook. I will literally be in the middle of a field so everything is ran from batteries and internet via the mobile networks.

I have an iPhone 6+ on vodafone and a iPad mini2 on EE, both allow tethering.

I have looked on each carrier's coverage website and both have weak 3G. Is there anyway I can tether from both devices at once to improve my connection speed to a level where I can stream the match.

I also have a Huawei E5776 mobile hotspot with an external antenna that I use the EE sim from my iPad in, I can connect that to the mac via wifi or cable if that would make it possible to split between that and the iPhone?

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
I am away in my touring caravan over easter and want to watch the local football derby on sky go on my macbook. I will literally be in the middle of a field so everything is ran from batteries and internet via the mobile networks.

I have an iPhone 6+ on vodafone and a iPad mini2 on EE, both allow tethering.

I have looked on each carrier's coverage website and both have weak 3G. Is there anyway I can tether from both devices at once to improve my connection speed to a level where I can stream the match.

I also have a Huawei E5776 mobile hotspot with an external antenna that I use the EE sim from my iPad in, I can connect that to the mac via wifi or cable if that would make it possible to split between that and the iPhone?

No, I don't believe you can tether from two devices at once since you can only connect to one at a time. You best option would be using your mobile hotspot with the external antenna. I used a mobile hotspot with an external antenna in a remote location and was able to get an adequate stable connection where my iPhone and iPad could barely connect.

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
No, I don't believe you can tether from two devices at once since you can only connect to one at a time. You best option would be using your mobile hotspot with the external antenna. I used a mobile hotspot with an external antenna in a remote location and was able to get an adequate stable connection where my iPhone and iPad could barely connect.

thanks I thought that would be the case, I do use the hotspot as the main internet connection while I am away. I was just thinking of getting the best possible before I have friends come to watch it with us and it not work.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Found this service called speedify might work, but I didn't want to have to pay for the service.

Unfortunately, paying for something would probably be the only way to get it to work. In order to do channel bonding (which is what you're trying to do) there has to be something upstream which combines your multiple connections into a single point, as astreaming service like SkyGo can't split a single video stream between two internet connections.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.