Tethering Help Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (mywi works, sim help)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blazing angel, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Blazing angel macrumors regular

on my unlocked iphone 3g, i have a terrible netowrk plan (wel good for me for everyday use), but it does not have enough megabytes for tethering with a pc/laptop. I have a friend with lg neon and a unlimited internet broswing package for 1$. lets say i plug his sim inot my phone, will i be able to use his internet while tethered? Will my comapgnie detect its no longer a neon but a iphone
    :eek:

2. JudasBlitzkrieg macrumors member

as long as you have the tethering option available in network settings then it would work. Generally, all you need to tether is an unlimited or high use data plan.

o2 in the UK charge an extra £15 for that privilege

3. Blazing angel thread starter macrumors regular

but is there a difference between the 1$ unlimited regular phone broswsing and iphone 30$$ data? is it just to rip people with smartphones off?

4. JudasBlitzkrieg macrumors member

There's quite a big difference. Unlimited phone browsing carried a low fair use policy and generally, lower UMTS speeds. The iPhone tethering gives more data to use (typically 3GB) and full HSDPA speeds, if available.

5. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

How dare you open a thread that is not a negative iphone 4 thread, havent you gotten the memo that mac rumors is now macbash!:cool:

6. Blazing angel thread starter macrumors regular

dman i didnt know that:D

7. Blazing angel thread starter macrumors regular

I DARE....
    with

PRIDE:cool::p
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: