Tethering iPhone 6 Plus to iPad Air

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by rugmankc, Jan 25, 2015.

1. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Not sure if right thread--OK Oops I thought I was in iPhone thread--Mods please move to correct subforum-- :eek::eek:

I read how to run my wife's iPad Air off my iPhone on Cellular. Only want to do this twice a year for only 3 days each time--Vacation.

Maybe I can have ATT activate her iPad for one Month for 10.00 on Cellular like I could on TMO. Haven't asked that yet.

I have 15gb Family Share Plan.

I was going to tether and ran into a concern that if I screwed up her iPad she would kill me--:(

I would have to sign her out and sign me in to my iCloud acct on her iPad while I am signed into iCloud on my iPhone.

Currently on her iPad under Settings/iCloud she has her Gmail acct with a grey circle to left with her initials in it. At bottom of page I can sign her out. If I do that will it remove her Gmail acct name at top and let me sign into my iCloud acct. Then tether then sign out and let her sign in. I don't want to have two users permanetly on iPad or mess up anything on her iPad.

Thanks

2. leventozler macrumors 6502

The icloud stuff is to pair without Wifi password. You can still use it as a personal hotspot using the password in hotspot menu.

3. rugmankc thread starter Contributor

rugmankc

I read here where I can just have both devices signed into my iCloud acct and don't even need Hotspot enabled. Just wasn't sure of messing up her iCloud acct on iPad.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/09/...tspot-share-iphones-data-connection-ipad.html

----------

actually i just turned on hotspot and my phone showed up under her wife choices. it wants my iPhones password. not sure what pw that is :eek:

----------

not sure this works unless i on wifi or using a usb--:confused:

4. leventozler macrumors 6502

Go to Settings > personal hotspot on your phone. The password is there.

5. rugmankc, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015

rugmankc thread starter Contributor

rugmankc

Thanks lev--figured it out. Need to use Bluetooth and pair devices. Should have read instructions on iPhone under Personal HotSpot--:(

Have both wifi's off and sent an iMessage to son and it delivered. So, guess I am good--

Seems to be working--:)

This will be nice while on vacation