Tethering LG Shine to MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by swiggzter, May 21, 2009.

1. swiggzter macrumors newbie

Does anybody know a way of tethering an LG Shine to a Macbook Pro? They both have Bluetooth and I just know there has to be a way to do it. I am completely lost on finding anything on the internet :confused:

2. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

3. swiggzter thread starter macrumors newbie

Hahaha, yes. I know string and duct tape works very well. ;)

4. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

i dont know specs, but i think BT is not very fast. You usually want to use a cable. Ive never got the bluetooth internet to work for any phone ive had. But i know you have to hook the mpb to the phone just as you would do with a BT ear piece. Then you have to dial out some how. I would be able to tell you if i ever got it to work. Most stuff like that i just mess with it until i figure it out. FYI-the wireless from a phone or air card is limited to 1.5 mbs i think, which is pretty slow

5. jck1634 macrumors regular

jck1634

6. swiggzter thread starter macrumors newbie

Trying it now. Doesn't really work for tethering, just some hands-free stuff. Kinda cool, but it still needs tethering haha.

7. ///M5 macrumors 6502

Sell it, get an iPhone, install 3.0 Beta, and you're all set. :)

8. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Or get a better phone and use the teather option, a useful phone, like a blackberry:D

9. triviasue macrumors newbie

I just paired my LG CU720 (Shine) to my Macbook using the advice at http://pukupi.com/post/2061/ with the softbank username and password on that webpage for the settings in my Network Preferences. :)