tethering lost!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by medicscott, Jan 9, 2010.

1. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

so i updated to 3.12 and used blackra1n to JB. everything is fine. but when i had 3.0.1 i had the 6.0 carrier file and my tethering was great.

now that im at 3.1.2 JB, how do i get my tethering back??

and if thats not possible, how do i go back to 3.0.1 so i can tether again. i have a 3G

thanks

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

tsk tsk tsk.... the tethering ability in the version you were running before was a "bug" in the iphone os, according to apple. AT&T has to approve of tethering now. The tethering ability is there, yes, but cannot because at&t hasnt given it the okay, because the towers are not sufficient enough to handle this much data transferring. what you get do is on cydia, is type internet tethering in the search, and click the one for 3.1.2. after its downloaded, go to the link provided, and select the at&t v8, make sure to get the v8 as i am absolutely possitive that this works. now type in all that hooplah, and submit it, install the profile, after its done, reboot, and try internet tethering again. good luck and i hope this helps! :D

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

You may not have it already so you need to add sinfuliphone.com repo. Then do the rest said above, good luck.

4. medicscott thread starter macrumors 6502a

medicscott

not found.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. medicscott thread starter macrumors 6502a

medicscott

is this a quick hack? or is that patch commcenter one?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Quick, you just install the package and you're done.

8. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Yes it is very quick and easy. Install the repo, then download tethering for 3g/3gs, download whichever phone you have. Restart your phone, then under settings, general, network, it should still be there natively. It's the best way to get tethering on the iphone at the moment because it's free and it enables it natively.