Tethering on Non-jailbroken device for free

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zachkolk, Oct 11, 2011.

1. zachkolk macrumors regular

zachkolk

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I used to have my iPhone 4 jailbroken & I used "tetherme" so that I could tether my Internet. Tetherme allows you to use the official Apple tethering without letting the carrier know, in my case Verizon. I have recently updated to iOS 5 GM & no longer have my phone jailbroken. The official Apple "Personal Hotspot" toggle is still there in settings & 1. I don't know if VZW will be able to figure out if I tether now and 2. If they can, what will they do? I'm hoping they will just send me something saying I should start paying for tethering instead of automatically charging me, but I don't know. Has anyone else been in a similar situation and gone for it? Please tell me the results.

2. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Have you tried using it? I bet it doesn't work. I've had it stick before after a fresh restore.

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I don't see what's your problem is. Tetherme enable personal hotspot and nothing more. If iOS5 shows personal hotspot then you don't need tetherme.

Tetherme did NOT make your tethering invisible to VZW.

4. zachkolk thread starter macrumors regular

zachkolk

I went for it

As “IBradMac” guessed, it doesn’t work. I just turned it on & my iMac could find the network, but not connect to it. After I turned it off, the toggle disappeared.