tethering possibility with new firmware upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pavvento, Sep 16, 2007.

1. pavvento macrumors 6502

2. aerospace macrumors 6502a

chance of free tether .01%

chance of att adding an option to tether for 20-30/mo 1%

3. ps49556n macrumors regular

4. mugwump macrumors regular

I gotta say that even my lame Treo is able to do this, so it shouldn't be too challenging to offer this.

5. aerospace macrumors 6502a

its possible to hack to do this.

its still up for debate whether or not att knows your tethering and will cancel your account at some point if you abuse it by downloading tons.

i would imagine if you use bit torrent to download a few movies in a couple of day span it would be quite obvious your not using your iphone normally

6. pavvento thread starter macrumors 6502

Real mature... Well I've looked in my settings prior to posting, and did not see it anywhere, if you care to be constructive as opposed to criticizing you could actually be of use by saying where it is, instead of just being condescending.

7. ps49556n macrumors regular

Settings>General>About

Check harder next time:(:(:(

8. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

If ATT were to cancel your account, would you have to pay early termination fees, that sort of thing. Easy way to get out of your 2 year fix. Download 10GB of torrents through your phone (on EDGE of course, it would take about a month), and then unlock and away you go!

9. aerospace macrumors 6502a

yes they would charge you $175 IF if you had a contract.

Now if your prepaid they don't know who you are, you just pay $10 and get a new sim and start all over. Unless it becomes a huge issue I would imagine you'd be ok for 3 months or so. $3.33 or less per month for tether option isn't bad ;)