Tethering Problem? (At&t's Acutally tethering)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by antman2295, Nov 29, 2011.

1. antman2295 macrumors 6502

Hi I just got tethering, and im not sure if this is normal, but at the AT&T store I could see all the devices connected to the Demo iPhone 4S there, but I cannot see what devices are connected to my iPhone 4S. In addition I thought on the top blue bar it showed you how much data you had downloaded, and uploaded. Is this a bug with iOS5.1 or is it not there anymore? Thanks in advance!

2. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

All the blue bar will say is Personal Hotspot and the # of connections next to it.

No data shown. I believe that is the Jailbreak MyWi app that shows the data.

Attached Files:

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I'd be surprised if a Jailbreak app for (probably unauthorized) tethering would be demoed at an AT&T store.

4. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

He didn't say he saw the data part on the iPhone at the ATT Store. He said he just thought it had data in the status bar.

5. antman2295 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok Thanks You, Do you know how to see who is connected to your hotspot? Or should I ask someone that works at At&t? And are you running on "Virgin Mobile Network"?

6. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I believe iOS 3 had this. I remember using iOS 3 on my iPad 1, and using a tethering app from Cydia. It displayed the number of connections and the download/upload speed.

7. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

It won't matter the network. You can't se who it connected to you, only the amount of connections.

----------

That was built into the Cydia App not iOS.