Tethering Problems

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stapleboy, Mar 2, 2011.

1. stapleboy macrumors newbie

I'm running an iphone 4 on 4.2.1 w/ greenpoison rc6. Every time I download a tethering package, my phone completely loses it's ability to connect to at&t cell service. It spends 20 minutes searching and then ultimately says 'no service'. Mywi used to work on my phone, but after a day of usage (the ethernet in my dorm shut off), my cell signal just stopped. I uninstalled and reinstalled mywi and during the time after the uninstall, my signal came back to 3 bars on 3g. After I installed again, it was back to no service. Same deal with tetherme. Has something gone wrong on my phone?

2. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

3. r2fa3l macrumors regular

4. stapleboy thread starter macrumors newbie

I did and same problem. I just installed PDAnet and it hasn't done anything to my cell service so far. I am just at a loss as to what was happening with the other two programs. I still would like to know what was wrong or if anyone else has experiences that with mywi or tetherme.

5. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Are you "borrowing" these programs? Weird behaviors like that can often be attributed to the cracks that those programs are forced to use.

I use TetherMe daily with no problems and used MyWi in the past with no issues.

6. phreebsd macrumors regular

tetherme tells you to reboot the phone if it shows no service after installation.

7. stapleboy thread starter macrumors newbie

No cracked programs. Though, I did not reboot the phone after installing tetherme.

8. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Sometimes you need to reset network settings as well.