tethering question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TheGoog, Feb 9, 2010.

1. TheGoog macrumors member

Is a commcenter patch still necessary to tether with 3.1.3 on a jailbroken 3GS?

I've tried without, but as soon as I install the correct carrier bundle from any different source, the section for tethering in settings dissapears. Frustrating as I have a big photog trip soon and I'd like to have net access while I'm out.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Yes. You cannot use an unsigned .mobileconfig file on a 3GS without patching commcenter.

3. TheGoog thread starter macrumors member

Bugger, atleast I have my SHSH on file through cydia, really dont want to have to go through all that fuss to get tethering back. Hopefully a commcenter patch for the 3GS will be around soon enough, since the 3G one seemed to be put together rather quickly.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I've had great luck with eagos' commcenter patch. And it is a real patch without the potential conflicts of some of the fixes in Cydia.

5. TheGoog thread starter macrumors member

But shouldnt that specifically 'not' work on 3.1.3 since thats a 3.1.2 commcenter patch?

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

True. I had assumed since you have a jailbroken 3GS you were on 3.1.2, since I can't think of any reason to disregard the Dev Team's advice and upgrade to 3.1.3.

7. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

Every third party app I have is crashing on 3.1.2 - if this poster was in the same state then I understand the update...